Mission: Director of Yalla! Center in Aley
Starting date : October 1st, 2016
Yalla! Pour Les Enfants is an independent, impartial and secular association established under French law in July 2013 by a group of French citizens concerned by the lack of education opportunities for Syrian refugee children in Lebanon. Yalla! seeks to enhance capacities of existing education initiatives within the Syrian and Lebanese communities by supporting Syrian teachers, providing classrooms and enhancing teaching capacities. Yalla! Learning Center in Aley is a bridge for the Syrian children to integrate the Lebanese formal schooling system.
Yalla! also aims at participating to build peaceful relationships between the host and the refugee communities, notably through artistic and sportive activities.
Yalla! opened a learning center in Aley in October 2014. Yalla! center welcomes over a hundred of Syrian refugee children, aged from 5 to 13 years old from Monday to Friday. They are taught Arabic, Mathematics, Sciences, English and French languages. Extracurricular activities (drawing, sports, theatre, photography, circus, etc.) with special focus to trauma-affected children are organized by Lebanese, Syrian and international volunteers.
On Saturdays, Yalla! Center opens its doors to the mothers and provides them with English and Mathematics classes, while artistic and sportive activities are providing to the children of Aley.
The Yalla! team works with a team composed of five Lebanese and Syrian teachers, with the support of the authorities of Aley. Everyone is committed to protecting the children’s interests and supporting them throughout their personal, academic and civic development.
The Director of Yalla! Learning Center will manage the Learning Center from Monday to Friday afternoon, as well as half a day on Saturdays, in cooperation with Yalla!’s Field Coordinator.
Some extra-hours will be required, on a voluntary basis, to accompany the children in extra-curricular activities or prepare the center’s events.
- excellent communication skills with children and patience
- leadership and diplomacy
- excellent organizational skills
- being dedicated to the education of children
- willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment
- willingness to work in a secular and non-political environment
- flexibility and adaptability
- degree in Education Sciences
- experience in administration of educational project and/or a solid teaching experience (particularly with young children)
- Arabic (mother tongue)
- English (good level)
What we offer:
- An amazing human experience with a multicultural team of dedicated volunteers
- Trainings according to the needs of the volunteer in order to develop his skills
- A monthly stipend
Interviews will be conducted on Friday September 2nd and on Friday September 9th in Aley.
If you fulfill these requirements, please send your CV in English at this address: email@example.com.